Important Information You Should Know
For the protection of all pets, all animals must be current on all vaccines and free from all infectious disease for a period of 3 weeks.
Required dog vaccinations/tests:
- rabies: every 3 years – unless 1 year vaccine given
- distemper/parvo (DHPP/DA2PP): every 3 years
- Bordetella/kennel cough: every 6 months
- negative fecal float test: every 6 months
Required cat vaccinations:
- rabies: every 1 or 3 years depending on vaccine given
- feline distemper (FVRCP): every 3 years
- negative fecal floatation test: every 12 months
We are a parasite free facility. For the safety of all our boarding pets, we check all our guests for fleas and ticks upon arrival. If we find parasites on your pets, we will treat them as needed.
Prices are based on the weight of your pet at check-in/arrival and are per pet. Dogs boarding more than one night will be charged $19.85 for a bath.
- Cat: $21.00/night
- Dog up to 25 lbs: $24.00/night
- Dog 25.1-50 lbs: $27.00/night
- Dog 50.1-100 lbs: $32.00/night
- Run (any size dog): $32.00/night
- Double run (any size dog/dogs): $32.00/night
An additional medication administration fee of $1 – $3 per day is charged based on the frequency of medications given.
Pets are dismissed from boarding only during regular business hours: Monday thru Friday 7:00 am-6:00pm and Saturday 8:00 am-12:00pm.
PAYMENT IS DUE WHEN PETS ARE DISMISSED
By signing the Boarding Admission Form electronically, you are agreeing to the policies and charges listed above and the stipulations below:
- I understand that even though precautions are taken to prevent contagious upper respiratory tract infections (i.e. “Kennel Cough”), the possibility of exposure does exist and I will not hold McKinney Animal Hospital liable.
- I understand that at times some animals may experience vomiting and diarrhea during boarding or hospitalization (usually due to stress and/or diet change). Pets will occasionally refuse their food during their stay. When this occurs, our doctors will supplement their diets with the appropriate prescribed canned food at no additional charge. I give McKinney Animal Hospital consent to supplement diet and treat as needed, unless I have indicated that I do not wish the pet’s diet supplemented on the admission form.
- I understand that McKinney Animal Hospital scans each pet for a microchip when presented for boarding. If a microchip is found and has not been enrolled with the owners information, we will discuss with the owner and recommend that the pet is registered. Also, if a microchip is found, we will document this identification number in the pet’s history.
- I understand that should an illness, injury, existing or previous medical condition arise, and if I can not be contacted at the emergency number provided, McKinney Animal Hospital will treat my animal as deemed appropriate by the doctor in charge. This includes but is not limited to ear infections and the dispensing of ear medications. I accept responsibility for charges incurred during treatment.